The primary role for this position is to generate new sales opportunities for Northstar’s recycling and waste management services. The BDR would assist with:
- Researching prospective target organizations that would benefit from Northstar’s programs
- Identify decision-makers in those organizations
- Engage prospects in phone and email conversations designed to discover sales opportunities
- Gain commitment from prospects to attend brief, introductory calls and meetings with Northstar
- Other tasks to uncover sales opportunities, manage the sales process, and close business (as necessary)
- Consistently meet and exceed goals
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
Ideal candidates for this position will have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent sales, communications, business management, or business administration experience.
- 0 to 2 years work experience (this is an entry level position)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact with people successfully, both in person and over the phone, to lead or persuade, and overcome challenges
- Disciplined approach to daily activity planning, setting goals and achieving success
- Ability to take direction, be coached and mentored
- Strong web and computer skills: MS Office, Salesforce.com desirable
The Inside Sales Business Development Representative (BDR) would report to Northstar’s headquarters in East Longmeadow, MA.