Northstar Recycling partners with manufacturing and distribution businesses across North America in the Food and Beverage, Healthcare, Packaging, Consumer Goods, and many other industries. Read on to learn how we have helped our clients improve their waste management, recycling, and zero waste to landfill programs.
see for yourself
At Northstar Recycling, we build programs to meet and support our clients’ unique needs and opportunities. View the case studies below for examples of our team’s work.
Global Food Manufacturer
This multi-billion dollar manufacturer of candy, pet food, and other food products asked Northstar to achieve Zero Waste to Landfill at 17 of their U.S. manufacturing facilities, where they were only diverting 7% of their non-organic waste material.
- Northstar reached Zero Landfill in less than one year at all 17 manufacturing facilities, and saved its client over $1.1 Million in lower waste costs.
- Northstar currently manages a national Zero Landfill program at over 70 locations for this company, which includes all of their organic and non-organic waste materials.
North American Bakery
Northstar Recycling was asked by this client, one of the largest bakeries in North America, to implement a standardized program at over 80 manufacturing locations.
- Northstar Recycling successfully met this goal, resulting in a 33% reduction in landfill volumes, a 140% increase in recycling volumes, and a $700K increase in annual profits for the client.
- Northstar’s program now also includes over 1,000 retail and distribution facilities, adding more than $610K per year of additional savings for this client.
This top-selling beverage company turned to Northstar to help reduce trash and increase recycling. Thier main challenge was a film that was previously non-recyclable.
- Northstar found a solution for the film, and standardized the client’s separation and sorting process to reduce contamination.
- The client surpassed its objectives, doubling recycling and halving trash volumes within 2 years, and now Northstar manages waste and recycling at all five of this client’s US-based production facilities.
Fortune 500 Healthcare Company
Northstar began working with this top health care company by conducting an in-depth, on-site process analysis to identify and implement numerous program improvements. This led to elimination of virtually all landfill waste at one pilot location.
Today, Northstar functions as the preferred recycling provider for this client, managing waste and recycling at over 25 of its manufacturing and distribution facilities.
Before teaming up with Northstar Recycling, this industrial food packager was sending 98% of their waste to landfill, and racking up more than $1,000,000 a year in disposal costs.
- Northstar quickly developed a unique solution for material that was previously unrecyclable, and in less than one year Northstar was recycling 90% of the client’s production waste.
- In addition to achieving Zero Landfill status, this manufacturer has generated over $120,000 a year in recycling rebates.
- Northstar monitors the success of this program with ongoing training, on-site consultations, and process analysis.
Northstar Recycling works with many of the top mattress manufacturers across the country, including this leading luxury brand that was spending over $1 million annually to transport waste materials between internal locations.
- Within 6 months of implementing Northstar’s customized program, this client was recycling directly from each of their locations— eliminating transportation costs.
- Additionally, Northstar developed and implemented a plan to recycle almost all materials that were previously being sent to landfills.
- Today, Northstar successfully manages Zero Landfill programs at this company’s manufacturing, distribution, and research facilities.
This web based retailer has a large paper waste stream that it relies on as a revenue source, so its focus is on maximizing recycling revenues.
- Northstar has won 2 exhaustive, national RFPs against the largest and most respected waste paper dealers, brokers, and recyclers by offering the greatest overall value in program services.
- Northstar currently recycles more than 10 million pounds of waste paper a month at over 10 locations for this client.
Northstar Recycling began its partnership with this large food distributor by removing of all management fees, immediately resulting in $100,000 of annual savings for the client.
- Northstar has since implemented custom solutions at over 50 of this client’s distribution facilities.
- These programs have resulted in increased recycling, reduced waste to landfill, and more than 20% of additional annual savings for this client.
Regional Food Manufacturer
This fast food restaurant supplier needed immediate help because they were not reaching their Zero Waste to Landfill goals.
- Utilizing training sessions, signage, and strategically placed recycling containers, Northstar helped this client divert over 690 tons of recoverable goods within the first 18 months of partnership.
- Northstar continues to help achieve and maintain their Zero Landfill goals with ongoing trainings and on-site consultations.